a blog dedicated to all things girl

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Best Mascara.

I adore makeup and my close friends know that I call Sephora the "Mother Ship." I love to experiment with new products, but as many as I have tried, including several expensive brands, I always go back to one mascara:


Loreal Voluminous.

I get the original formula in blackest black (about $7). I find that it thickens and lengthens my lashes, stays put all day, and comes off easily--when I want it too--with soap and water.

I have a couple of mascara tricks too.
--First off, I put the brush at the base of my upper lash and then spin the brush in place several times. This creates a dramatic lash line.
--Then as I am coating the rest of the lash to the ends, I go slow, and do just the slightest side to side motion with the brush.
--Then, I coat the top of the lash.
--Last step...I use Sonia Kashuk's Lash Comb (available at Target for $5):
This comb is the best one ever, because the comb side is made of metal and not plastic. It truly separates and de-clumps the lash.

(side note: Proudest moment ever...I was at Sephora in Frisco and I actually taught my technique to the sales person who was a male, who was wearing mascara, which was kind of weird.)

3 comments:

  1. voluminous is a tie for first place in my makeup bag with maybelline great lash BIG. i alternate between the two. i think i actually like volunimous better as a product, but the pink and green great lash container gives me a sense of seventeen and sassy magazine nostalgia that i love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. snaps for the great lash, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never ever been a mascara wearer, but since I read this I bought voluminous and I have been trying to perfect your technique. I may have to have you give me a lesson. :0)

    ReplyDelete