a blog dedicated to all things girl

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Worn Any Skirt Lately?




I lived with a girl in college, Jill, who was frilly and girly and uber-talented at just about everything. She was an interior design major and it seemed like everything she touched became...special. She now owns an amazing store in Fredericksburg called Haberdashery Boutique.

Jill and I worked together at a coffee shop and our uniform was a black polo shirt with the store logo on it. This was before women's cut, tapered polos were "in," thus we could look a bit boxy and androgynous, quite frankly. Not Jill, though. She would pair her polo shirt with a full skirt and belt it and wear boots. She made the uniform cute, and fun and feminine in a way only Jill could. It was amazing how many customers would comment on how she looked like a lady, and what a sight for sore eyes she was. And she was.


So, have YOU worn any skirt lately?


I don't wear near enough, but when I do, my husband acts like I have on couture. (And it's funny, when I do wear skirt, I always think of Jill.)

I've learned that even though I don't love my lilly white legs and I don't exactly like to showcase them, it's okay. There IS such a thing as self-tanner. And skirts come in all lengths, right?

It's amazing what a bit of skirt can do...









No comments:

Post a Comment